Designed to introduce new-intermediate climbers, who have no prior training experience, to the fundamentals of climbing specific training. The goal of this program is to give participants a broad stroke understanding of training and the foundation needed to begin a basic training program safely on their own or identify the needs of private coaching. Highly encourage groups to sign up together! Having a training partner is a great way to stay motivated or get to the gym on those days that you just aren’t feeling it. Intro to Training is led by Session Head Coach, Jeremy Ho.
|$300 for Members, $350 for Non-Members|
|Meets once per week for 2 hours for 6 consecutive weeks, with weekly homework assignments|
|1 Year Climbing Experience|
Week 1: Foundations
- Goal setting
- Understanding training for climbing
- Types of training programs
- Understanding adaptation periods
- Overview of program
Week 2: Core
- Understanding the importance of a strong core
- What is core strength and how do we use it in climbing?
- Climbing specific core exercises
- Proper Form
Week 3: Power Endurance / Endurance Training
- Learn to pushing thru pump / Climb in the red
- Extending training sessions
- Building a base
- Power endurance / Endurance exercises
Week 4: Strength Training
- What is strength?
- Benefits of strength training for climbing
- What do strength days in the gym look like?
- Climbing specific strength exercises
Week 5: Power Training
- What is the difference between strength and power?
- Converting strength to power
- What do power days in the gym look like?
- Climbing specific power exercises
Week 6: Finger Strength
- When to start finger training
- Proper/safe form